[CT Birds] Unique Hawk in Norwalk

Mike VanValen mikefuture95 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 18:15:37 EDT 2015

 This morning in Norwalk I saw a hawk which defied anything I've ever seen. At first I thought it was a red-tailed, but when it came into view (it was flying eye level through Union Cemetery, Ward street side) I saw that it had an almost clean white head, white underside (with sparse brown streaking), and very light brown back/upper wings. I unfortunately could not see much of the tail, but it appeared dark. The bird landed on a low branch and it's white head was very noticeable. I don't even want to venture a guess, but maybe this description fits something familiar to more experiences birders.
Mike Van Valen, Norwalk