[CT Birds] Mansfield Purple Galinule

Tom Baptist tbaptist47n at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:36:00 EDT 2015

>From Connecticut Birds (1990, Zeranski and Baptist) citing Frank Gallo
(Connecticut Warbler Vol 5:43-46): "Of 23 published reports since 1855, 16
are from coastal areas and 7 are inland in the Connecticut River valley".
Most CT occurrences are in May and June, so an immature in late September
is noteworthy.  Perhaps this immature bird arrived some time ago with an
injured wing.  Rails (and gallinules) are known for extralimital travel.