[CT Birds] CT Rarity Roundup?

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:15:13 EDT 2015

Hi All,

I'm sure the option of doing a rarity roundup in Connecticut has been posed
before. Such an event has been something I've been thinking about a lot
lately; rarity roundups are held in many of the nearby states, including
Rhode Island and Maine, and are often very successful. The basic concept
I've seen is a lot like that of a CBC: birders choose a specific area to
concentrate on, and then fan out into teams to cover that area, with a
compilation at the end of the day. I could definitely see this taking place
in coastal Fairfield county, or in an even larger area still.

Basically, I am wondering if such an event is already in the works, and if
not, if there's interest in putting one together. Sometime in November
would probably be best, although I defer to the many people on this list
with more experience in the department of rarity occurrence than I.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield