[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:13:29 EDT 2015

​9/30 Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center   9:45am-12:45pm,
overcast, raining, 74F, mid tide-rising.
On marsh:
8 Great Egrets, 6 Snowy Egrets,  at 10am-6 Blue winged teal (either in
eclipse plumage or juveniles) -
small grayish ducks,with pale crescent behind their bills, or pale
feathered area behind their bills. When they flew north, together over
marsh-there was grayish blue/pale color under their wings.  I usually see
one or two together, so this was the most I have seen together.
Also 5 Tree swallows over marsh, 6 Canada Geese, 2 D.C. Cormorants, 2
juvenile Yellow Crowned night herons.
On grounds- American crow, 2 Cardinals (male and female), mourning doves,
inundated with house sparrows (60+).
Bev Propen, Orange