[CT Birds] Deb Kramer_shorebird migration and horseshoe crabs_Mystic Aquarium talk_hors d'ouvres

lcwahle at aol.com lcwahle at aol.com
Wed Sep 30 19:59:10 EDT 2015

NOTICE
Conservation in Action, Part 2: Conserving Our Coastal Ecosystem
Author Deborah Cramer will be at Mystic Aquarium the evening of October 6, sharing her passion for and experiences with ocean conservation. In her most recent book, The Narrow Edge: A Tiny Bird, an Ancient Crab, and an Epic Journey, Cramer tracks tiny sandpipers as they travel on an extraordinary 19,000 mile migration from the tip of South America to the Arctic and back. Along the way, she seeks out ancient horseshoe crabs whose eggs fuel shorebird migration and whose blue blood safeguards human health. Be amazed as you accompany Cramer on her journey and explore how our lives intertwine with these coastal animals.
Guests must be 18+ to attend. Advance reservations are required. Click here to make yours now!
Admission to this event is free. A cash bar and hors d’oeuvres will follow, along with a book signing.

Conserving Our Coastal Ecosystem is the second event in Mystic Aquarium's Conservation in Action speaker series, which is generously sponsored by Dominion. The three-part series features guest speakers who share their experiences with and contributions to the conservation of our ocean planet. This lecture series is part of an ongoing effort of Mystic Aquarium’s mission programs focused on conservation locally, regionally, and globally.

Lisa Wahle
Chester, CT