[CT Birds] Fw: Re: {HASnotes} Fwd: Pitch Pines - Matianuck Sand Dunes in Windsor

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:22:18 EDT 2015

Thanks, Zellene, for the on site assesment.  When I read the plan it seemed
to focus on protecting a unique ecosystem of inland sand dunes and pitch
pines plus the ghost dune beetle.   There wasn't mention of unusual bird
life but I thought COA should bring it to the attention of our members who
might be more familiar.  It looks as if the biggest threat is our old
bugaboo, the ATV.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut