[CT Birds] Gallinule Fate - Enough for now

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Oct 2 18:16:17 EDT 2015

Time to put on my Official Moderator Hat.

The opposing views of how to regard the injured Purple Gallinule have both been aired.  I believe it has reached - even passed - the point of diminishing returns.

Please make any final posts on the subject by the end of the day (Friday).

Taking off my Official Moderator Hat to add my two cents as just another birder..

For those on the side of capture and rehabilitation, I don't think anyone on the other side is going to stand in the way.  However, I think it would be a Really Good Idea if anyone attempting to capture the bird actually knows what they are doing.  I can't imagine how to go about capturing any rail, much less doing so without harming it.  Capturing an injured rail without injuring it more sounds like an even greater challenge.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT