[CT Birds] Potentially good hawkwatching at Audubon Greenwich festival tomorrow

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 20:29:15 EDT 2015

Despite today's strong winds and overcast skies we wound up with 69 migrant
raptors at Quaker Ridge for the first day of our festival. This included 39
Ospreys, 3 Harriers and 3 Peregrines amongst others. Tomorrow could
potentially be a very solid day for both hawkwatching and festivities since
the sun should be out by the afternoon and many birds will be itching to
get a move on after the rain has cleared. Unlike years past there will
actually be parking in the main lot so get there early if you want a good
spot. Hope to see alot of you tomorrow!