[CT Birds] Who said mornings are best for birding?....

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 10 19:11:30 EDT 2015

Today I went birding to a new favorite area I descovered recently in Morris CT. I got there at 4: pm, left at 4:45pm. This old in the woods wetland was awash in the late days still warming west setting sun, and was alive with birds!I was so busy and here is what I saw.    41 Wood Duck, 2 Black Duck, 1 Great Blue Heron, 4 Rusty Blackbird, 1 Purple Grackle, 16 Palm Warbler, 28 plus Yellow rumped Warbler, 1 Catbird, 2 Pheobe, 12 White-t-Sparrow, 2 Song Sparrow, 1 Lincoln's Sparrow,  8 Junco by the road, 6 Turkey Vulture, 2 Red shouldered Hawk,  and Im sure many more birds I didn't see to count.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton