[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Park: 70 (Migrating) Hawks

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 19:10:14 EDT 2015

I never got around to posting that we had 237 hawks Monday at Lighthouse Point. So now I am.
Greg HanisekWaterbury

     On Tuesday, October 6, 2015 5:36 PM, Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:

 Bill Banks and the gang had 70 hawks today on light northerly winds, which went onshore in the pm.  The Harbor was boiling with bait fish and there were a lot of non-migrating Osprey in the area -- August all over again.
Also at Lighthouse, Dan Field (Yale paleontology PhD candidate) was interviewed by NPR.  Be sure to check a local station (such as WSHU, perhaps as early as tomorrow) for this program on DNA sequencing and resulting changes in bird taxonomy.
As for tomorrow, forecast is for light northerly.  Meh.  We'll get a few, maybe 50?  100?
Steve MayoBethany