[CT Birds] BIG SIT - Milford Point- Sunday Oct 11

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 9 05:29:46 EDT 2015

Greetings all,
This Sunday, October 11,  our team of top-notch birders will be conducting the annual Big Sit at our CT Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point site. This is an international friendly competition to try to count as many bird species in one calendar day from within a 17'-diameter circle, and is hosted by Bird Watcher's Digest.  Our team of Jim & Patrick Dugan, Tina Green, Tom Murray, and I (with Frank Gallo's support) will be stationed at the far dune platform, and would welcome visitors to stop by, bird with us, bring coffee, or just say Hi. It will be quite a challenge to top last year's CT record-smashing total of 117 species, which placed us third overall.
This is also one of the Coastal Center's key fund-raising events. For those who would like to make a pledge, please contact Louise Crocco at 203-878-7440 Ext 502,  or lcrocco at ctaudubon.org.  Every dollar you pledge will go directly to support the Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center at Milford Point – truly one of the best birding destinations in the Northeast!
For more information about the Big Sit:   http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit.php
Here's our bird list from 2014:http://www.birdwatchersdigest.com/bwdsite/connect/bigsit/bigsit-2014/stats.php?find_type=circle&find=Surf+Scopers

Frank Mantlik