[CT Birds] Fw: [NOSbird] Western Kingbird??

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 9 09:32:18 EDT 2015

This morning I searched the UConn Lot W area for the possible western kingbird reported on the NOS list last night (see below) from dawn until I had to head to my office.  No luck, I'm afraid, but others might want to try - the pond area is the best bet, but there's lots of field edges.  Note that rarer large, yellow-bellied, flycatchers have not been ruled out.
I did have Nashville and western palm warblers; blackpoll was also seen.  Plus kestrel, a couple of Cooper's hawks, and both Lincoln's and white-crowned sparrows during the past few days.

Chris Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
elphick at sbcglobal.net