[CT Birds] ruddy duck

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:07:24 EDT 2015

​10/13  Perhaps the lone female ruddy duck is the same one I saw at Mondo
Ponds on Sunday-
making its way south.
Just got back from a neighborhood walk  in orange, this evening. Between
5:30pm and 5:50PM there were 4 separate large flocks of Grackles that went
over the neighborhood.  First flock was about
150 birds at 5:30, then at 5:33pm, second flock was larger, perhaps 200-300
birds, third flock
at 5:37 was  huge, about 500 birds and last flock I observed was at
5:40pm-also about 200 birds, all taking the same path west to east and very
noisy! It was interesting to see this.
Bev Propen, Orange