[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Sandhill Crane

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:59:07 EDT 2015

Around the same time (roughly) I had a group of about 100 geese with one much larger bird amongst the group flying South. I was at a job site along the coast in Byram and unfortunately did not have my bins with me. The birds were very high and constantly changing formation. The larger bird however remained towards the center of the group. I wish I had taken note of the exact timing of the sighting. It would be about 6 miles away from Abon Greenwich and could very well have been the same group reported from Quaker Ridge. Also of note, I had small groups (1-5s) of swallows flying along the coast today. Maybe 20 birds total.

Stefan Martin

Sent from my iPhone