[CT Birds] Bluff Point

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 18 13:08:05 EDT 2015

Five of us made it out to Bluff this morning for a fairly good, but not stupendous, showing.  I had 52 species, and I know I missed at least a couple that others saw.  Highlights were 3 black vultures, 5 sapsuckers, 42 flickers, 1 kestrel, 2 late red-eyed vireos, 7 blue-headeds, 10 phoebes, 16 hermit thrushes, ~320 warblers (almost all myrtles, plus 2 blackpolls, 1 yellowthroat, 1 bt green, 1 bt blue, 1 yellow palm), ~1100 sparrows (including 430 white-throats, 285 juncos, 18 towhees and a field sparrow), and a meadowlark.  Glenn heard a purple finch, which I think was the first that any of us have had here this fall.

Chris Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
elphick at sbcglobal.net