[CT Birds] Dolce Center Nighthawk

Brendan Murtha bmskua at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 14 15:57:10 EDT 2015

I got out of school a bit early today after SAT testing this morning, and recharged with a quick run through the Dolce Center.

The highlight was a single late COMMON NIGHTHAWK fighting the wind over the meadow, giving good prolonged looks.  I'm not sure what the latest record for Nighthawk is, but this bird seemed to be pushing that limit.

Nighthawk aside, the small property was very birdy and I was able to pull a LINCOLN'S SPARROW out of the hordes of Song, Swamp, and White-throats.
Good looks at Red Fox were nice too.

Brendan Murtha

Sent from my iPhone