[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Golden Eagle +

Ryan MacLean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 12:47:21 EDT 2015

Just had a subadult Golden Eagle come over Audubon Greenwich, first spotted by Steve Beal and seen well by Frank Guida and myself. Yesterday we had a very similar looking Golden around 3:30 and last week we observed one heading north so there's a distinct possibility we have a bird roaming the area.

Hawk movement is slow but steady including a few Red Shoulders and a couple Merlins. A TENNESSEE WARBLER and 2 White Crowned Sparrows were also seen in the goldenrod next to the hawkwatch

Sent from my iPhone