[CT Birds] Bird Brains

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Fri Oct 16 18:39:10 EDT 2015

Question: Year after year I have had only a single representative of
certain species turn up: one towhee, one fox sparrow, one Cape May, one
prairie warbler, etc.  This year three prairies appeared in the usual batch
of yellow rumps, chipping sparrows, juncos (which arrived exactly on time,
as they have nearly every year, I believe:  October 14.).  (We'll skip the
indigo bunting earlier this summer, which may well have been spent time in
my field before, but someone had to point it out.)  Any explanation for
these single birds,  generational representatives year after year, whose
numbers do not grow, but  always migrate  through North Stonington, and
with no GPS?  (I think.)

Robley Evans