[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:40:53 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Sol Satin, Lynn James, Howie Sternberg, and Dan Barvir
10/16 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 269 migrating raptors
observed including 64 Turkey Vultures, 15 Osprey, 7 Bald Eagles, 6 Northern
Harriers, 93 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 45 Cooper's Hawks, 15 American Kestrels,
10 Merlins, 5 Peregrine Falcons, and 9 Unidentified (mostly Accipiters.)
Notably, no buteos!  Also, 2 COMMON RAVENS hung out most of the day, and
migrating were 32 Brant, 57 Double-crested Cormorants, 40 Cedar Waxwings, 1
Loon sp., 225 Red-winged Blackbirds, 4 American Robins, 10 Canada Geese,
320 Tree Swallows, 1 Barn Swallow, 58 Finch sp., 1 American Pipit, and 1
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher.

Tomorrow is forecast for even stronger winds from the NW.  Don't forget
your cameras, gloves and longjohns!

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton