[CT Birds] LPP Friday

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 19:40:53 EDT 2015

>From Dana Campbell, Sol Satin, Lynn James, Howie Sternberg, and Dan Barvir
10/16 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 269 migrating raptors
observed including 64 Turkey Vultures, 15 Osprey, 7 Bald Eagles, 6 Northern
Harriers, 93 Sharp-shinned Hawks, 45 Cooper's Hawks, 15 American Kestrels,
10 Merlins, 5 Peregrine Falcons, and 9 Unidentified (mostly Accipiters.)
Notably, no buteos!  Also, 2 COMMON RAVENS hung out most of the day, and
migrating were 32 Brant, 57 Double-crested Cormorants, 40 Cedar Waxwings, 1
Loon sp., 225 Red-winged Blackbirds, 4 American Robins, 10 Canada Geese,
320 Tree Swallows, 1 Barn Swallow, 58 Finch sp., 1 American Pipit, and 1
Blue-grey Gnatcatcher.

Tomorrow is forecast for even stronger winds from the NW.  Don't forget
your cameras, gloves and longjohns!

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton