[CT Birds] Harley is a no at Stratford Point

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at rtpi.org
Fri Oct 16 20:25:34 EDT 2015

We believe that I was the last person to see Harley in the early morning
on Tuesday, 10/13. He was swimming and sitting in front of the
lighthouse. If anyone saw him and did not report it since then please
let us know and eBird him, but that is a long period for a basically
daily bird not to be seen. As he was about done with his molt it seems
probable he moved on to find a girl. We will certainly post ASAP if he's
there tomorrow, and we will be there early because...

The U.S. Coast Guard is hosting an open house at Stratford Point
lighthouse in Stratford, Connecticut on Saturday, October 17th from
9am-3pm. Audubon Connecticut’s Director of Bird Conservation Patrick
Comins and RTPI’s Conservation & Outreach Coordinator Scott Kruitbosch
will be co-leading bird walks at Stratford Point at 9:00, 12:00 and
3:00. This date corresponds with the peak of birding at this spectacular
birding spot. Come out and enjoy the wide diversity of birding
possibilities “The Point” has to offer with two birders who know every
nook and cranny of the property. Stratford Point is located at 1207
Prospect Drive, Stratford, Connecticut.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation & Outreach Coordinator
311 Curtis Street