[CT Birds] Westport Yard Birds (CCSP!)

Preston Lust prestonlust at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 15:26:22 EDT 2015

10/17/15, 2:30–3:00 PM -- Backyard, Westport

This morning I had a couple chipping sparrows fly-by in nocturnal migration, and I decided I would try and find some on the ground. There was a flock of six bordering the neighbor's yard, and I thought I would check for clay-colored. Sure enough, a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW flew onto a branch remarkably close to me – allowing me to study all the field marks in excitement. There was a clear white mustache and a light brown moustachial stripe. The bill was also small, pink, and conical. Otherwise, other species seen were a couple of blue-headed vireos, and an endless supply of white-throats and robins.

Preston Lust, Westport