[CT Birds] Lyman Orchards, Middlefield

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Sat Oct 17 15:59:22 EDT 2015

Spent the late morning/early afternoon today with family at Lyman.  Birds everywhere, and after a ½ hr or so I had to tell the fam I'll catch up to you in a "few minutes".  Was worth it too, as I had no less than 9 Sparrow species in and around the blueberry patch that is behind (South of) the corn maze and next to the pond, including a very nice adult white-crowned which was mixed in with 15 or so English Sparrows.  Also had Junco, song, swamp, chipping (and a possible Clay-colored, but I am pretty sure it was a juvie chip), White Throated, Field and Savannah.  At least 200 rwbb with a few grackles and cowbirds mixed in, and one Merlin flyby.  Yellow-rumped wrblrs everywhere.

Jim