[CT Birds] (no subject)

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Oct 19 22:24:18 EDT 2015

Yesterday (Sunday) morning I was heading to New Haven for the  Hawk watch
and passed through Hartford about 7 AM, before sunrise and still in  half
light. As I came south down the ramp from the Charter Oak Bridge I spotted  a
raptor sitting on a light pole on I-91 right at the intersection of Rt  15. I
saw it from near the top of the bridge and assumed it was a  hawk, but was
able to watch because I was heading right at it. As I got closer I  realized
that in the dim light it looked quite small but almost pure white. As I
passed by I could clearly see that the head was very big, much larger than a
Hawk's relative to the body, and the face appeared pure white.
 I have no doubt it was a Barn Owl.

Don  Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com