[CT Birds] Stratford Point Gate Closed Tomorrow

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Oct 21 14:48:05 EDT 2015

I'm going to be offsite for a meeting all day tomorrow and Scott is not around so the gate will be closed tomorrow.  It should be back open by 9 AM on Friday.   We're having some problems with people driving where they shouldn't, like the feed pots among other areas, so the gate will have to be closed for the most part when we aren't here. It will be open on Saturday though, since we have a meeting in the morning and the volunteer day in the afternoon.  Not sure about Sunday.

Nothing too spectacular today, but I haven't spent much time outside.   Tom Murray stopped by and while we were talking 4 Pectoral Sandpipers flew over and we had a Blue-headed Vireo flitting around in the trees near the feed plot.   The usual Field and White-crowned Sparrows are around.  A Blackpoll Warbler just outside my window was a treat.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut