[CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich Dickcissel BANDED

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:33:14 EDT 2015

So by sheer luck our bird bander Sean Graesser had his mist nets open this
afternoon and not long after we spotted the Dickcissel it wound up in one
of them! After we all got a stunning look at the bird it was banded and
subsequently released back into the fields. This is the first Dickcissel to
ever be banded on the Audubon property and I believe only one of five or
six records period. A picture of the bird can be seen on the Quaker Ridge
facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/QuakerRidgeHawkWatch/photos/a.158645547673142.1073741829.154486074755756/398418153695879/?type=3&notif_t=like