[CT Birds] Fairfield - Larsen and Hoydens

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 17:00:35 EDT 2015

I spent an enjoyable afternoon birding two locations in northern Fairfield:
Larsen Sanctuary and Hoydens Hill Open Space. My hope was to chance upon my
first Golden Eagle in Fairfield, which unfortunately didn't happen.
Nevertheless, I enjoyed some other neat birds on a beautiful fall day.
Highlights below:

Larsen: 1 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER (Deer Meadow), 1 BLACK VULTURE, 1 WINTER
WREN, 1 PURPLE FINCH (female), 1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, 1 Nashville
Warbler.
Hoydens: Slow compared to Larsen. The highlights here were probably 5 Field
Sparrows (extremely reliable at this location), and a surprise flyby Monk
Parakeet, heading due south.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield