[CT Birds] Orange-crowned Warbler - Portland

cimbaro at att.net cimbaro at att.net
Sat Oct 24 17:49:24 EDT 2015

  10/24/15 - Wangunk Meadows (south end accessed directly off Rte 17) this morning: Orange-crowned Warbler at the far end of the corn field (which was not planted this year), trading back and forth several times between the trees at the field edge and the weeds out in the field itself.  Also, the water is down in the adjoining marsh exposing some low muddy areas, which held Killdeer, 7 Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Lesser Yellowlegs, and what I concluded after the fact were 10 Pectoral Sandpiper seen well out in the marsh (initially I was thinking Least Sandpiper not realizing at the time that Pectoral are actually modestly smaller than Killdeer rather then the other way around).  Also 2 American Pipit.
Dan Cimbaro
Colchester, CT