[CT Birds] New Haven highlights 10/26

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 22:07:42 EDT 2015

10/26. New Haven, Lighthouse Point- hawk watch site and other parts of park - 63 species including Bufflehead, 9 species raptors including 4 Bald Eagles, 8 Hermit Thrush, 3 Am Pipit, 4 Snow Bunting, 2400 Red-winged Blackbirds, 3 Purple Finch. Many great birding friends. Greg Hanisek, official hawk counter, might provide a report on the day. I also had a brief 2-second view of an olive green towhee-sized bird along the creek-side trail in SE corner of park. I don't know what it was, but Green-tailed Towhee would fit what I saw. A follow-up search by several of us could not relocate the bird.

New Haven, East Shore Park - 98 Laughing Gulls, 3 Bonaparte's Gulls, 3 Blackpoll Warblers.

Frank Mantlik

Stratford

Sent from my iPhone