[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Golden Eagle

Ryan MacLean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 10:06:52 EDT 2015

Yesterday at 5:11 PM Steve Walter and I saw a Juv Golden Eagle low and heading north seemingly hoping to set down for the night. Just now at 9:57 AM Frank Guida, Frank Ballatori and myself saw and photographed what I can only assume was the same bird taking off, giving what I have to say is the best look at a Golden I've ever had here. The bird soared more than a couple hundred feet over our heads before heading SW. Frank Ballatori took a couple pictures which should be on our facebook page later. This is Golden #11 for us for the season.

Sent from my iPhone