[CT Birds] your question about the Hammo closing

MKCommunications at comcast.net MKCommunications at comcast.net
Sat Oct 31 15:37:36 EDT 2015

I am currently investigating the closure of Hammonasset Park this morning. The marathon event, I believe, was sponsored by the Rotary Club of Madison in conjunction with JB Sports. This is still being corroborated. I am under the impression a permit was arranged for use of the park only until 8 a.m. So something went snafu somewhere. Either the actions of the DEEP police at the gate, event coordinators on the ground, or the state park division allowed the park to be closed to the public beyond 8 am. Hopefully on Monday, when all offices reopen, including Hammonasset management, I will have more information. As for Sunday, I'm guessing the park will open on time. Fingers crossed. ;)