[CT Birds] Woodpecker problem

Wood Planning woodplanning at charter.net
Thu Nov 5 15:37:22 EST 2015

Have the same problem here in Woodbury. Pretty common actually. Reflective tape and big balloon with eyes works for awhile (available through Amazon), but they get used to it. I even placed a mounted screech owl in the window, but they got used to that too.  Utilities have to wrap poles with wire in some places. They used to make a "hot foot" potion but I think it's been outlawed. Shooting, of course, would be illegal.  I might try some kind of fish netting. I suspect the drumming resonance of loose clapboard is at fault, unless there are ants in your wall.   Good luck.

Sent from C.S.Wood's iPad