[CT Birds] Window decals do help avoid collisions

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 14:18:17 EST 2015

​11/6
According to my schedule of every 6 months, I have replaced numerous decals
(Window Alert) on my large kitchen window and living room window.  So at
the end of October I replaced these again .  I have observed these bird
life savers at work.  A few days ago,  a mourning dove was flying straight
towards my kitchen window and veered away sharply as it got close.
Just 2 minutes ago a good size hawk (I think my Coopers) was heading
straight for my kitchen window and right before hitting it, it veered up
and went over the roof.  I am convinced that these decals have saved the
lives of several birds in my yard.
My kids make fun of me, with all the decals that are on my windows, but I
would rather have the decals, than injured or dead birds on my deck.
Bev Propen, Orange