[CT Birds] Bluff Point 11/8 am

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 09:27:59 EST 2015

Phil Rusch and I had a seasonably decent morning flight at the hot corner this morning.  Highlights:
empid sp.Fox Sparrow18 Purple Finch2 Blue-headed Vireo2 Yellow-bellied SapsuckersAmerican Woodcock10 Hermit Thrushes750 American Robins500 Dark-eyed Juncos3 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
Considering the date, the empidonax flycatcher was frustrating.  Phil found it at a distance and through trees, but in good light.  I only saw it as it flew.  It had a bold eye ring and was very gray and plain.  The tail and wing projection was blocked.  We had to bushwhack to the area to try to refind it, but we could not.  It was in the area between the two main paths from the hot corner, about halfway between the hot corner and the open area to the east.
Glenn WilliamsMystic