[CT Birds] Clay-colored Sparrow @ seaside park

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Fri Nov 6 10:01:41 EST 2015

Sorry for the late post, but I did locate the CCS yesterday (11/5) around 12:45 at the location previously described (just south of the maintenance garage, in a weed-covered ditch/soil pile).  It took some patience to see the bird, and there were also two White-throated and a Song Sparrow sharing the weedy cover. I finally got a good look at the bird for about 10-12 seconds, and then all 4 birds flushed and flew toward the thickets along the entrance to the WWT Plant to the north.  I did not relocate the bird, but Steve Spector was looking when I left around 1:00.

Jim