[CT Birds] Northern Gannets

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Nov 8 15:05:13 EST 2015

11/8/15, at Cornfield Point, Old Saybrook.  We observed a nice flight of
NORTHERN GANNETS from the point early this morning.  We arrived at 7:20 am
and saw the first one immediately upon getting out of the car.  They passed
by the point one or two at a time, all flying east to west.  A few plunge
dove in pursuit of fish.  All, or nearly all, of them were adults. Most of
them flew by in the first few minutes after our arrival.   We counted 31
individuals in the 30 minutes we were there.  Had we been there earlier, we
may have seen many more.  A nice morning to be at the shore!

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge