[CT Birds] Lighthouse Point Red-headed Woodpecker+

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 16:07:48 EST 2015

A few highlights from today at Lighthouse Point, at least while I was
there. A nice movement of raptors peaking mid-morning, but nothing
unusual. An immature RED-HEADED WOODPECKER was hanging around the
mostly oak woodlot in the N/NW section of the park, near the boat ramp
parking lot. This bird may be chase-able. Flybys included a
DICKCISSEL, a flock of 25 SNOW BUNTINGS, and thousands of blackbirds.
The only swallow I saw today was a Tree Swallow. Ridiculous numbers of
Laughing Gulls continue along the coast, including in New Haven Harbor
today. The silvery/cream-colored leucistic cowbird was intermittently
seen in the cowbird flock that has been roaming around the park.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com