[CT Birds] Sandhill Cranes - record shots

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Sun Nov 8 18:49:59 EST 2015

Steve and Tom Bird and I saw two Sandhill Cranes in the marsh behind the Coastal
Audubon Center at Milford Point this afternoon.  They were seen from the
platform near the parking lot and we were able to take a few record shots of the
birds.  I was told by someone that two Sandhills had been seen flying by
Lighthouse Point in New Haven earlier in the afternoon.

The birds were preening and feeding in the marsh when we left around 4:30 PM.
 Maybe they will be there first thing in the morning?
Record shots posted on the COA Facebook page at
Gina Beebe Nichol
Sunrise Birding LLC
Worldwide Bird Watching Tours & Wildlife Safaris
PO Box 274, Cos Cob, CT 06807
gina at sunrisebirding.com
USA 203.453.6724