[CT Birds] Steady stream of Laughing Gulls. Point to open tomorrow

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Nov 11 10:25:44 EST 2015

Work continues repairing storm damage to the shoreline at Stratford Point, so the site is still closed.  They're scheduled to finish up today and the site will be back open tomorrow.  If you want to come for some soggy seawatching, please email me directly and put an obvious subject in the subject line.

There is a steady stream of Laughing Gulls passing by and heading up the Housatonic, so Short Beach might be a good place to look for yesterday's Franklin's Gull.   Yesterday there were virtually no Laughing Gulls here.     I haven't really been looking too closely, only seeing them out my office window as they pass by.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road