[CT Birds] Franklins Gull report, Seaside Park

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 18:57:00 EST 2015

So to elaborate on Ryan's email (thank you Ryan for getting the word out for me).. At about 4pm I had a 1st winter Franklin's Gull at Seaside Park. Shortly after I got my scope out, the group was flushed by someone walking the beach. Half the group continued onward while the other half put back down. I checked the beach again hoping it decided to be in the cooperative group with no luck. I moved my efforts back towards the West end of the park and found a mixed flock about halfway down the beach. A quick scan produced another 1st Cycle bird and stuck around for about 10 minutes before taking off. One thing I noticed immediately on the first bird was the apical spotting to the primaries, a feature that the second bird lacked. Also of note, I had a beautiful adult Iceland Gull in the park earlier in the afternoon. Glad I didn't miss out on this exciting invasion!

Stefan Martin
Stamford

Sent from my iPhone