[CT Birds] Correction, Greater White-fronted

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 20 20:30:54 EST 2015

Mark Danforth's photos in fact show a PINK-FOOTED GOOSE, a true national/ABA rarity. Mark Szantyr and Julian Hough also agree with the identification.
The little white patch above the bill suggests a similar (or same) individual photographed Dec 2010 in Lincoln, MA by Jeffrey Offerman (searchable on Flickr.com).
M.D. provided specific directions: Avon, CT at Fisher Meadow park on Old Farms road. It was in the large pond next to the parking lot along with a few hundred Canada Geese.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone