[CT Birds] Red b Nuthatch and other stuff in yard.

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 22 16:50:15 EST 2015

On this depressing cold damp day I did a short duck trip in my Harwinton area. At bull pond had 1 Blackduck and many C Geese.  At Wilson Pond had nothing! At Bristol Res had only 5 Ruddy duck. Guess the early ducks are gone to the shore and now the late ducks will be arriving soon!  At home feeders and yard was a jumpin. Saw my first Goldfinch with 3 Siskin on thistle, 2 Purple finch and a nice Red breasted Nuthatch on big feeder. The yard was active with 8 plus Bluebird and White throated, 2 Fox, 1 Song, 1 Tree and 2 Chipping Sparrow. Also had a Coopers Hawk viewing all the action. ps - My over wintering Red s Hawk female is still taking my road kills daily on her tree feeder.
Paul Carrier - Harwinton