[CT Birds] Pipits....

Jim Pfeifer Jim.Pfeifer at erm.com
Mon Nov 16 17:55:09 EST 2015

This afternoon (11/16/15), I had two flocks of American Pipits on different large corn fields in Somers, north of Durkee Road, near the old air strip that runs north toward Watchaug Road.  The first flock was small, and I counted only 13 birds, but in the second I tallied 58 birds (most I've ever seen) - and could have been more, as I could only really count them as they flushed and landed.  No Horned Lark or Snow Bunting in this location yet this year.

Also had 1 Rusty BB, and FOS Tree Sparrows (7) and Fox Sparrows (2) in brushy areas along fields.