[CT Birds] LPP grackles etc

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 19:45:49 EST 2015

The hawk flight today at Lighthouse Point in New Haven was minimal (20 birds), but sky was full of life in the first few hours. We did our best on numbers with the big ones being 120,000 Common Grackles, 8000 American Robins, 4000 Red-winged Blackbirds and 3000 Cedar Waxwings. There were smaller (double-figure) numbers of Horned Larks, Eastern Bluebirds, American Pipits and Purple Finches. No swallows during my 6-hour stay. Bill Banks, Tina Green and Paul Desjardins also enjoyed the spectacle.
Greg HanisekWaterbury