[CT Birds] Fwd: [MASSBIRD] JANUARY Pelagic trip Scheduled...Sign up now...GREAT BIRDING OPPORTUNITY

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Nov 19 08:31:23 EST 2015

This is a one-of-a-kind GREAT BIRDING OPPORTUNITY!! Sign up NOW!!

The Brookline Bird Club is running a new trip in January this year to look
for Alcids, Fulmar, possible Skuas and any rarities. It is time to sign up
now.  We need to get enough people registered by the middle of December to
run this trip. The captain is very cautious.  If it is too cold or windy or
choppy, we will postpone it to Sunday, or cancel it with a full refund to
those who do sign up.    So please SIGN UP NOW!

Saturday, January 23, 2016 (bad weather date: Sunday, January 24)

Hyannis to the Nantucket Shoals Area. 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Phalaropes, Shearwaters, Jaegers, several  gulls, sea ducks, mammals, any
rarities such as SKUAS.

Limit: 65 participants

Cost: BBC members $100, non-members $120

We have master birders Jeremiah Trimble, Nicholas Bonomo, and two others
leading these trips. Our boat, the Helen H, is a very comfortable, fast,
100-foot fishing boat with a knowledgeable and enthusiastic captain and
crew. We use gallons of chum to attract the birds.. There is a full galley
with excellent food at reasonable prices. Parking is free.

To reserve a space, send a check for the full amount made out to Brookline
Bird Club Agent along with a signed waiver to: Ida Giriunas, 83 Summer Ave.,
Reading, MA, 01867 and include either your email or your postal address for
confirmation, boarding instructions, and other details. To register and to
receive further information and a waiver form, contact Ida at

ida8 at verizon.net.

----- End forwarded message -----