[CT Birds] Friday at LPP

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 05:54:58 EST 2015

11/20/15- New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 14 migrating
raptors counted:  1 Northern Harrier, 8 Sharpshinned Hawks, 1 Cooper's
Hawk, 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, and 3 Red-tailed Hawks.  Many small migrants
including 3 Rusty Blackbirds, 1 American Pipit, 2 Horned Larks, 6 Snow
Buntings, 555 Red-winged Blackbirds, 6,685 Common Grackles, 21 Canada
Geese, 93 American Robins, 1 Purple Finch, 153 Cedar Waxwings, 35 Eastern
Bluebirds, and one possible Parasitic Jaeger.  10 Monk Parakeets were
flying around the park.
Thanks to Dan Barvir, Lynn James, Carol Goertz and Howie Sternberg.

--
The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I
need them.”
― Kathi Hutton