[CT Birds] Stonington Point: Long-tailed Duck

Carolyn sailcarm at aol.com
Tue Nov 24 18:26:54 EST 2015

There was 1 male Long-tailed Duck at Stonington Point today.  Also 8 Surf Scoters and many Common Loons.  May have been more goodies but Linda and I did not arrive there until fading light after having birded a few spots in the Westerly and Charlestown  RI area.

BTW, for anyone who has not and would like to see Red-headed Woodpecker, there are at least 3 if not
4, Juv and adult in Burlingame SP campground.  They are always around campground # 66.  I have seen them twice in the last several days.  They are very cooperative.

The campground is in Charlestown RI, less than 30 minutes from the CT/RI border and right off RT 1.

For anyone down that way, there is a nice assortment of ducks, loons, and grebes in Watch Hill harbor, as viewed from the Coast Guard station.

Ps None of our spots today yielded Purple Sandpiper

Carolyn Cimino with Linda Vegliante

Sent from my iPhone