[CT Birds] leucistic bird ID help

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 27 22:22:43 EST 2015

Hi Carol,
Lacking pigment in plumage makes it mandatory to determine ID by relative size, shape, and structure. Luckily you have a photo of the leucistic bird with a Northern Cardinal. The bird's bill is much too large for a junco. But given the bird's size, shape, bill, and areas of dark, I would guess that it is a House Sparrow.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone