[CT Birds] fruits and rarities

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sat Dec 5 14:14:33 EST 2015

On 11/18 while driving thru Veteran's Park, Norwalk, I thought I saw a gull fly out of a tree, I thought that's odd, a gull perched in a tree, but what do I know?
Soon I realized that other gulls, mostly Ring-bills were attempting to land in some variety of crab apple tree, most could not land, but a lucky few just sort off plopped onto the trees branches and started plucking at the fruit. they had a very difficult time doing this and dropped many apples to the ground, where other gulls were massed, waiting for the fallen fruit.
They were still feeding on that tree the last time I was there, just a few days ago.
I had my camera and took a few shot's that you can see here in Flicker.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/120139598@N08/albums/72157661993957206

Larry Flynn
Norwalk