[CT Birds] Townsend's Solitaire -Greenwich

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 15:18:12 EST 2015

While at a private residence in Cos Cob about an hour ago I heard an unfamiliar call. I was able to get a short recording in hopes of IDing later. About 10 minutes later I saw the bird calling from a tall spruce and it reminded me of a Solitaire. I immediately checked recordings and to my amazement it matched perfectly. The bird was in a very residential area with no hopes of a stakeout. I have heard the bird twice since, calling from much farther away. Bible St park and the Pomerance property on Orchard would be a good area to stake out.

Stefan Martin

Stefan Martin

Sent from my iPhone