[CT Birds] Solitatire, A polite reminder

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:04:28 EST 2015

The bird is fairly reliable without any need for playback and consistently vocalizes.. People are not stomping through sensitive habitat in order to see the bird (one of the pros for playback) according to the internet. There is no need for audio attractants. If someone feels the desire to not be patient and actually look for the bird without an aid, be my guest. Also, nowhere in that article does it mention using playback for a vagrant. I'm not saying that playback is always unnecessary but I think this is one of those circumstances where there is absolutely no need for it. Be patient.. If someone is playing a tape, it limits your ability to actually hear the bird calling in the distance.. Use your ears and eyes. Not your Sibley app..

Stefan Martin

Sent from my iPhone